The Gerber Syndrome
Set in the early days of a pandemic, the film follows a young doctor having to treat the daughter of a family friend following an attack by a vagrant and whose condition is rapidly deteriorating. This narrative is intercut with footage of a ‘Central Security’ operative whose job it is to round up people in the final stages of infection as they become very violent and disoriented, but also very slow – and very contagious. Shot as a documentary, this movie is totally believable, from the reactions of the people, down to the camera crew appearing in shot and getting shouted at for being in the way, or intruding where they are not wanted.
Maxì Dejoie (b. 1987 in Italy) is film director, editor. His films include “Resistanz” (2009), “The Gerber Syndrome” (2011).
- Year: 2011
- Country: Italy
- Runtime: 88 min.
- Director: Maximilien Dejoie
- Screenwriter: Maximilien Dejoie
- Actors: Valentina Bartolo, Elisabetta Fischer, Pia Lanciotti
- Producers: Claudio Bronzo, Lorenzo Lotti
- Cinematographers: Junior Lucano, Alessandro Mattiolo, Stefano Rogliatti
- Company: Maximilien Dejoie
- Dialogs: Italian
- Subtitles: Lithuanian, English
- Classification: N-16
- IMDB rating: 7.0