Fishing without Nets
A story of pirates in Somalia—told from the perspective of the pirates.
Cutter Hodierne (b. 1986 in the U.S.A.) spent the first three years of his life sailing in the South Pacific Ocean. At the age of 22, he toured the world with U2 on the biggest rock tour in music history, serving as their filmmaker on the road, shooting online content, and directing pieces for U2: 360° at the Rose Bowl. At the age of 24, Hodierne traveled to East Africa to direct “Fishing Without Nets“, which now is being developed as a feature film.
Selected filmography: "Remember the Warriors: Wakefield the Movie" (2004, doc), "The Bicycle Thief (2008, short), "Fishing without Nets" (2011, short, "Kino pavasaris").
- Year: 2011
- Country: Kenya, Somalia, U.S.A.
- Runtime: 17 min.
- Director: Cutter Hodierne
- Screenwriter: Cutter Hodierne
- Producers: Cutter Hodierne, John Hibey, Raphael Swann, Harold Otieno
- Cinematographer: Cutter Hodierne
- Dialogs: Somali
- Subtitles: Lithuanian, English
- IMDB rating: 8.2